Techtonica is a nonprofit that helps women and non-binary adults with low incomes overcome barriers into the tech industry by providing laptops, stipends, technical training, and placements.
Make an Impact as Our Technical Associate Program Manager
Techtonica offers a life-changing learning experience to program participants. We care deeply about helping our program participants become high-quality developers.
As the current cohort is virtual, this role is remote, but we are normally located in San Francisco and very locally-focused, so being located in the Bay Area could be helpful.
Our participants are Bay Area women and non-binary adults and most of them are people of color. We are seeking an individual who can relate to the target audience on as many levels as possible.
This full-time role's compensation will start between $40,000 and $73,000 (depending on experience and location). We can provide benefits to full-time employees, but we cannot provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Report to and collaborate with the program technical lead
- Organize and manage Techtonica events
- Enable volunteers and mentors to serve Techtonica’s participants effectively
- Present, explain, answer questions, or help participants figure out how to find answers to their questions about topics (technical and non-technical), pair, develop, debug, and conduct assessments as assigned by the technical lead
- Identify and describe organizational needs that volunteers could fulfill
- Improve and document processes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Self-motivation and desire to make continual improvements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, trust-building, and leadership skills
- The ability to quickly familiarize yourself with Techtonica’s vision and all people involved (staff, participants, board members, volunteers, etc.)
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Organization, commitment, and adaptability
- Understanding of socioeconomic experiences that our program participants have faced
- Extroversion that is respectful of introversion
- Being passionate and informed about social justice and diversity-and-inclusion-in-tech issues
- The ability to handle many different projects and tasks simultaneously and independently
- Commitment to being at Techtonica for at least six months
- The ability to relate to our target audience (women and non-binary adults, mostly people of color, with low incomes) on as many levels as possible
The interview process involves showing you are a good fit for the role. We may ask you to join us for an interview (online), contribute to the curriculum, pair, and meet board members. Please send your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a link to your GitHub profile to firstname.lastname@example.org if this role sounds like a good fit for you.Contact us