Techtonica is a nonprofit that offers San Francisco Bay Area women and non-binary adults with low incomes free tech training, along with living and childcare stipends, then places them in positions at sponsoring companies that are ready to support more diverse teams.
Make an Impact as Our Partnership Development Manager!
Techtonica offers a life-changing learning experience to participants. We care deeply about helping our apprentices become high-quality software engineers.
We are seeking a committed individual to secure sponsors and manage those partnerships for Techtonica’s apprenticeship program so we can help more women and non-binary adults with low incomes learn tech skills and work in the tech industry. Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
The ideal candidate will be extremely passionate about the cause and the position and have the ability to quickly create and maintain positive and helpful partnerships. Techtonica is growing quickly, so we hope to find someone who can stick around and really grow the program with us.
- Work out of our office in SoMa, San Francisco (this is a full-time position but we can be somewhat flexible on the hours)
- Coordinate on strategy (the program’s selling points) and progress
- Present Techtonica values and goals
- Quickly and independently create, drive, and manage the sponsor pipeline through the sales cycle
- Recruit new and existing partners to grow their involvement through donations, sponsoring, hosting, hiring, and other opportunities
- Manage and track sponsor outreach and tasks in an organized, documented way
- Represent Techtonica at events
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience in building strong relationships with other companies and organizations
- Friendly and energetic personality
- Great at negotiating, opportunity-spotting, being adaptable, and organizing
- Familiarity with pipeline tools and managing multiple clients
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage multiple priorities at the same time without mixing them up
- Proficiency in English and using LinkedIn, CRMs, and Google Suite tools
- Contagious dedication to social justice
- Ability to take focused responsibility for deliverables and deliver
The Partnership Development Manager will get:
- A MacBook to use for work
- $28-$35 per hour (or $58,240-$72,800 per year), depending on experience
- Benefits: sick leave, vacation, health insurance
- A performance-based bonus